Sunday, May 18, 2008

Welcome to my new blog!

I decided to start a blog. Maybe this is a bad idea (it's not exactly like I have a lot of spare time). Sometimes I have so many ideas in my head that I need to get out where people will read them. Ideas for how to live a more simple life, a life more in harmony with nature and the way God made us. A life more like it should be, not just the way everyone else lives their life. A life that is based on good ideas and truth, not a life dictated by convention and the media. I need a life that includes more nutrition, more natural alternatives, more conservation, more beauty. I need a life with less disposable trash, less chemicals, less pollution, less clutter. I think we all, as humans, need the same things. But I get so overwhelmed when I think about all the things that need to change; how can I start? My world is filled with so many plastics, chemicals, junk food, disposables, petroleum products, and the list goes on and on. And it always seems like the "green" alternative costs AT LEAST twice as much. And is so much harder to find. Sometimes it seems like only the super rich can afford to eat organic food, wear organic clothing, and drive their electric cars home to their environmentally-friendly house. And I'm not super rich!

So what can I do? I've decided I can only do one thing at a time. I get ideas from different places, do some research, and decide what I can do to change that one thing in my life. One thing at a time. And I will emphasize things I can do that save money. Being environmentally & natural-minded doesn't have to be so expensive or difficult. God gave us the earth and everything in it for our benefit. We shouldn't have to pay more to get the natural alternative. So as I study and search out different options to make my life more simple, I will try to share them with you too!

No comments: